Support Group Near Nashville TN - USA
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF RULES WHICH HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO HELP CREATE THE SAFEST ENVIRONMENT POSSIBLE FOR OUR CHATTERS. THESE RULES MUST ALWAYS BE ADHERED TO BY ALL CHATTERS. THE MOMENT YOU CONNECT TO THE CHAT NETWORK, YOU ARE AGREEING TO FOLLOW EACH AND EVERY GUIDELINE LISTED BELOW:
This network is run by a private organization which reserves the right to censor, remove and ban any individuals that do not uphold all rules and regulations that have been agreed upon and listed. Health & Help Chat’s chat rooms (also known as 'channels') are watched and moderated, therefore, any individual that is seen partaking in any of the following content during conversation may be banned from all contact with this network. For example we discourage:
• Sexual Conversation
• Glorification of Alcohol/Drugs or Suicide
• Software Piracy
• Disrespectful discussion of another's Culture or Nationality
The list above is not exhaustive, but demonstrative. Moderators will act on other topics that are deemed inappropriate and out of context with the philosophy of Health & Help Chat.
ANY THREAT, DIRECT OR INDIRECT TO THIS WEBSITE, ITS OWNERS OR VOLUNTEERS, WILL RESULT IN AN IMMEDIATE AND PERMANENT BAN. WE WELCOME ALL REASONABLE AND MATURE SUGGESTIONS OR REQUESTS, BUT WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THREATS OR ABUSIVE REMARKS EITHER ON THE NETWORK ITSELF OR THROUGH ANY WRITTEN CORRESPONDENCE TO THE SITE. THREATENING US WILL RESULT IN ANY AND ALL CORRESPONDENCE BEING IGNORED. NEITHER VOLUNTEER OR ADMINISTRATOR WILL TOLERATE ABUSE OR HATEFUL COMMENTARY OF ANY KIND.
GENERAL GUIDE, SUGGESTIONS AND RULES
We urge you not to share any personal information and are not responsible for any type of harm caused due to sharing things such as, personal e-mail, telephone number and street address. Although most people on the site are here for help and support, there may be untrustworthy people out there who may not have the best intentions. Please proceed with caution.
• Health & Help Chat will not tolerate any behavior or language that is discriminatory, harassing or derogatory to people or people they know because of their: age, disability, gender, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, maternity or paternity, race, religion, ethnic origin, sex or sexual orientation
• Foul language. Please refrain from using swear words, even in a disguised form. Less offensive curse words will be tolerated, but with discretion and only when deemed necessary by the moderators. Failing to adhere to this rule will result in a kick and possibly a ban.
• This health chat network is English speaking only. Any chatter that repeatedly uses other language(s) (especially with the intent of causing irritation to others), will be kicked and possibly be banned.
• Flooding and Spamming will not be tolerated. This network's definition of flooding and spamming is overusing any word, letter, number or symbol with the sole intention of disrupting the flow of a chat room. Continued flooding and spamming can result in a permanent ban.
• The consistent use of CAPITAL letters is also discouraged. Using capital lettering infrequently to make a point is fine, but refrain from using capital letters as much as possible; this will prevent others from assuming that your attitude is hostile. Continued use following a warning may cause a permanent ban from this network.
• Unsolicited invitations to any other websites are also prohibited and will result in a permanent ban. No exceptions.
• Any action that results in the disruption of this network will be handled immediately and without leniency. You will be permanently banned. Disruptions include hateful and intentional actions which hinder the safety of other users, verbal abuse, spamming/flooding, any breaking of the above listed banned content, hostility, and not following the moderators (Operators/Ops) instructions. Along with a permanent ban, your Internet Service Provider (ISP) will be contacted.
• Health & Help Chat will not tolerate attempts to ban evade. If you are caught attempting to evade a ban, you may be exterminated from the entire network, a shun, server or network ban, or an extension of a server ban will ensue. If such behavior continues, your ISP will be alerted of your ill-intentioned behavior. THIS WILL BE SEVERLY ENFORCED. The safety of the Health & Help Chat community is our first and only priority.
• Attempts to steal passwords or to take over channels to serve your own personal goals will also not be tolerated and will result in a permanent ban from the network.
• Any sort of illegal activity which takes place on Health & Help Chat, for example, pirating or hacking, will result in the network calling your local law enforcement agency and giving them all useful information for prosecution, including all connection logs, all public conversation that has occurred on our chat network, your ISP's contact details and naturally your IP.
• Health & Help Chat encourages the use of creative and expressive nicknames, and only asks that they are not offensive or hateful, and that you continue to use the same nickname each time you visit. Once you select a non-Guest nickname, you may not go back to using a Guest name. You must continue to use the name you decided. Changing nicknames prevents friendship and trust from occurring. Please refrain from using foul language as part of your nickname.
• Links to any other site for the purpose of advertising as opposed to helpful information will not be tolerated. It will result in a kick and possible ban from the entire network. DO NOT ADVERTISE ON Health & Help Chat – PERIOD.
• Harassment and abuse of Health & Help Chat users will not be tolerated. Harassing or abusing anyone, including users, moderators, or any other staff will result in immediate action. Actions taken will include, kicking, banning or permanent expulsion from the network. The severity of the punishment will depend on the severity of the abuse.
• Impersonation of any Health & Help Chat administrator or chat room moderator will not be tolerated, and will result in a ban, either channel specific or network wide.
• We do not accept the use of any automated scripts or bots on the network. If you wish to run either a script or a bot of any nature please Contact Us explaining why automated processes would be advantageous to this chat network. Health & Help Chat will either approve or decline your application after careful consideration of your request.
PRIVATE MESSAGING (DIRECT MESSAGING)
Private Messaging (PMing) is allowed and encouraged. The rules regarding private messaging are:
• You must first ask permission before you PM anyone.
• If you accept any PM, please proceed with caution. Private Messages are just that – private. They will not be moderated.
• When in a PM, please show respect at all times and do not advertise. It is highly likely the recipient of your PM will report abuse to a moderator.
• Three complaints of PM abuse will result in a kick and possible permanent ban from the network.
Although abuse during a PM can be difficult to prove, certain actions must be taken if you intend to make a complaint against another user. You must keep a copy of the incident to show a moderator; this may or may not lead to the alleged abuser being banned.
It is expected that each user of Health & Help Chat will make attempts to moderate their own environment before seeking a moderator or network administrator. It is suggested that if you have trouble with another user, you use the Ignore function. To use the Ignore feature:
• Right click on the person's name and select Ignore (please close the PM window to stop receiving any messages from the ignored person). Alternatively you can type: /ignore nickname, where nickname is the person you wish to ignore – for example, /ignore John. In extreme cases use the Report Content button to alert a network chat room moderator; the Report Content option is found at the top of the chat window. Always include your nickname, room name and a brief description of the issue.
• If you wish to ignore all PMs and construct an environment in which you cannot receive any Private Messages, type: /mode
your-nickname +D, where your-nickname is your current nickname. For example, if your nickname is Jill you would type /mode Jill +D. Please note that you may not ignore moderators. If a moderator needs to PM you ensure you are not blocking PMs. To unblock PMs, type: /mode your-nickname - D. For example: /mode Jill -D.
Health & Help Chat will do all it can to protect you, but you must take efforts to protect yourself as well.
CHAT ROOM SPECIFIC RULES
Any chat room/channel may have additional rules and conditions than expressed in this document. If a chat room has additional rules you will be alerted of their existence when entering the specific chat room. Always read and adhere to any and all channel specific rules.
IF YOU ARE BANNED
If you feel that you were banned from the network in error, please Contact Us directly. Please include the moderator who banned you, your nickname and a written record of the incident which caused the ban. Without that information, nothing can be done. Furthermore, if your correspondence includes hateful, disrespectful language, your communication will be ignored, and your ban will not be lifted.
Your privacy is critically important to us.
Health & Help Chat is based in the United States of America. You may contact us at any time via our >Contact Us page.
It is Health & Help Chat's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while using our website.
Like most websites, Health & Help Chat collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Health & Help Chat's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Health & Help Chat's visitors use this website.
Health & Help Chat also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments within our support rooms for a limited duration. Health & Help Chat only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Health & Help Chat's website choose to interact with Health & Help Chat in ways that require Health & Help Chat to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Health & Help Chat gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who opt to sign up for a registered account in our health support channels to provide a username and email address.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Health & Help Chat discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its trained staff and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Health & Help Chat's behalf or to provide services available at Health & Help Chat's website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of our trained staff and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Health & Help Chat's website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Health & Help Chat will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its trained staff and affiliated organizations, as described above, Health & Help Chat discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Health & Help Chat believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Health & Help Chat, third parties or the public at large.
Health & Help Chat takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Health & Help Chat may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. Health & Help Chat does not disclose any personally-identifying information.
This site contains affiliation links. Health & Help Chat may receive compensation from any such resources if you purchase products or services through such links. Any such purchases remain confidential between you and the third party vendor.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Health & Help Chat uses a very limited amount of "Cookies", similar technologies and services provided by others, and, store your preferences on your computer.
Health & Help Chat takes no responsibility whatsoever for opinions expressed or actions taken by users. Health & Help Chat is not liable for how anyone reacts to any content found within this site, its chat rooms or any external links this website hosts.
All sections of this website are used by you (as the user), at your own risk and without liability to us (the provider), in any shape or form. Moreover Health & Help Chat reserves the right to ban or remove any individual or individuals at will for any reason and at our discretion.
These Terms of Service can and will be changed at will without notice.
Health & Help Chat welcomes everyone over the age of SIXTEEN for respectful and considerate conversation.
The services provided by Health & Help Chat are designed to support, not replace any professional medical help you may currently be receiving.